– The Regina Police Service (RPS) joined our Indigenous HR Strategy in November 2022 –
They are a Signature Investor with Tokata HR Solutions. We are proud to work with the RPS to help build their Indigenous workforce!
Regina Police Service (RPS) Company Overview:
The Vision of the Regina Police Service is “Working Together to Keep Regina Safe”. This provides a clear direction in our day-to-day business.
Working with our community, service providers, and various levels of government, we are committed to a collaborative effort focused on addressing root causes of crime and reducing victimization in Regina.
A commitment to Truth and Reconciliation is woven into the fabric of the work, communication and training undertaken at our police service. We are committed to building an environment that continues to encourage open dialogue, learning and understanding. We are an organization that builds truth with perspective and reconciliation with depth.
“Our police service is proud to provide the citizens of Regina with Respectful, Professional Service. This is best delivered through a diverse group of dedicated professionals. If you are looking for an opportunity to make a positive impact on community safety, our inclusive organization welcomes you!”
– Chief of Police, Evan Bray
How the Regina Police Service supports the Indigenous community:
The Regina Police Service is committed to Truth and Reconciliation. With guidance from our Elder’s Advisory Council and our connections in the community, RPS employees are provided opportunities to attend events, receive ongoing education and attend Indigenous ceremony and celebrations.
Through these opportunities, and our focus on partnerships to help educate the general public, we are enhancing relationships with the Indigenous community.
Current and past Indigenous initiatives and events the Regina Police Service participate in:
- The Indigenous Recruitment Liaison Officer (IRLO) is in charge of recruitment and educating RPS employees and partners on history and current issues Indigenous people face. Providing education, building relationships and gaining trust are important outcomes of this position.
- The Truth and Reconciliation Committee is comprised of both sworn and civilian employees. Click here to learn more about the mandate and initiatives of the committee.
- The Cultural and Community Diversity Unit works closely with our Elder’s Advisory Council and Indigenous community to develop genuine relationships through learning and participation in cultural events. This unit works to expand RPS’s reconciliation efforts to a broader scope. Events include, but are not limited to, pipe ceremonies, sweats, round dances and powwows.
- The Treaty 4 Police Academy is designed for potential Indigenous applicants to learn about a career in policing and community safety. Click here to learn more.
- The Indigenous Mentorship Program is designed to provide potential candidates with opportunities to gain more experience in policing. Click here to learn more.
- The Indigenous Summer Student program offers Indigenous students, 18 years or older, a chance to gain experience within our Service in civilian positions in units such as our Police Information and Evidence Management Unit and Information Technology.
- The Scott Police Academy is offered at Scott Collegiate and currently has classes in Grades 9 & 10. Each year there is a new intake for Grade 9 students interested in learning more about law enforcement and team building. Academy students are part of a tight-knit school family that encourages team work, healthy choices, critical thinking and overall wellness. The goal is to provide an immersive experience that combines standard curriculum with guest speakers, age-appropriate police knowledge and a base for future law enforcement and community safety careers.
- The Regina Police Service Community Cadet Corps program focuses on engaging youth between the ages of 11 and 13. The goal is to build future community leaders by developing and enhancing their leadership skills, self-discipline, respect, and encouraging them to stay in school.
Frequent positions the Regina Police Service recruits for:
Being an officer with the RPS gives you the chance to discover your full potential and change your community for the better.
- Join a service where can you have multiple career paths, excellent benefits and where no two days are the same.
- For more information on our Application process to become a police officer, please visit: https://join.reginapolice.ca/police/
Not all heroes wear uniforms!
- There are over 200 civilian employees working at the Regina Police Service and more than 100 different jobs.
- Each employee plays an integral role in keeping our community safe.
- For more information on our civilian vacancies, please visit: https://join.reginapolice.ca/civilian/
This civilian position allows you to connect directly with your community. It is a dynamic, fast-paced and rewarding career.
- You are the calming voice on the other end of the line when someone calls for help.
- You provide critical information to our frontline police officers.
- For more information on our Application process to become a Communications Officer, please visit: https://join.reginapolice.ca/comms/
In addition to an exciting career, the Regina Police Service provides you with wellness options including:
- Access to onsite fitness facilities
- Mental and physical wellness professionals
- A competitive benefits package
Doesn’t that sound great!
How can you get involved with the Regina Police Service?
– You can get involved with RPS careers by working with the team at Tokata HR Solutions –
As we partner with the RPS, we are looking for great talent like YOU to recruit, train and coach for careers at the RPS.
To be eligible for opportunities with the Regina Police Service:
- Create a candidate profile with Tokata HR Solutions by visiting www.tokata.ca
- Visit our website for career opportunities with the RPS and other partner organizations we work with.
- Attend our career events to enhance your resume, interview, networking and leadership skills!
- Contact our team at email@example.com if you would like to book a FREE meet and greet session with one of our HR Consultants to help career plan for your future!