– The Mosaic Company joined our Indigenous HR Strategy in April 2023 –
They are a Signature Investor with Tokata HR Solutions. We are proud to work with The Mosaic Company to help build their Indigenous workforce!
The Mosaic Company Overview
The Mosaic Company is a leading global producer of phosphate and potash crop nutrients. Their mission is to help the world grow the food it needs.
Mosaic’s potash mining history in Saskatchewan stretches back more than 60 years, when their legacy companies recovered the first potash in the province.
In Saskatchewan, they operate three potash facilities located in Belle Plaine, Colonsay, and Esterhazy with a business office in Regina. They employ nearly 12,000 people in 11 countries around the world with approximately -1,900 of them calling Saskatchewan home.
At Mosaic, they understand that the sustainability of our business and our communities are strongly linked. They strive to be a thoughtful and engaged neighbour who invests carefully and generously, and, through working together, they identify strategic opportunities to target grant funding to initiatives and projects that are important to the growth and sustainability of First Nations and Métis communities in the areas where they operate.
How Mosaic Supports the Indigenous Community
They believe in growing our business by growing their people. Their goal is to have 15% of new hires be Indigenous candidates by 2025.
Their company culture embodies the smart and results-driven energy of their workforce. From their mines and offices to our local communities, they collaborate across the organization, see ideas through to completion, and make meaningful contributions.
They meet and build relationships with Indigenous-owned contractors and businesses regularly. By 2025, their goal is for 15% of our procurement activity to be with Indigenous – owned companies.
From 2020-23 they have invested over $111 million dollars with Indigenous-owned businesses.
By 2025, they aim to commit 15% of their total community investment dollars to Indigenous communities. Working hand in hand with communities that surround their operations provides rewarding opportunities to grow and strengthen the places where we live and work. They strive to be a thoughtful and engaged neighbor and work toward Reconciliation through The Call to Action #92.
In 2022 they spent 23% of our community investments with Indigenous people and Nations.
Applications to Mosaic can be made here Mosaic Community Investments (benevity.org)
Current and past Indigenous initiatives and events Mosaic has participated in
Wanuskewin Heritage Park
In May 2023, Mosaic committed $500,000 in funding to Wanuskewin to support the UNESCO Ready Campaign as it aims to become Saskatchewan’s first UNESCO World Heritage site.
In 2018, Mosaic committed $500,000 to Wanuskewin’s Thundering Ahead capital campaign, supporting the Trail of Discovery, a one-kilometer trail leading to two significant archeological sites at the park.
Mining the Future Indigenous Student Program
Mosaic hires approximately 15 Indigenous post-secondary students to work a 4 to12 month term in various roles from Engineering, Lab Technician, Instrumentation, welding, finance and more.
Morris Interactive/Cowessess Digital Transformation Mining Program Mosaic and Morris Interactive
In August 2022, Mosaic announced a $1 million dollar investment in the Morris Interactive Digital Transformation in Potash Mining (DTPM) program, which provides education and career skills to Indigenous students, readying them for careers in mining. The 10-week program involves eight weeks of classes and two weeks of a practicum at one of Mosaic’s mine sites.
Sweat Lodge Construction
In 2022, Mosaic funded two sweat lodges in Saskatchewan, one at Zagime Anishinabek First Nation and the second at Ochapowace First Nation.
Celebrating and learning Indigenous history
Located one hour northeast of Saskatoon, the national historic site of Batoche is where the annual celebration of Métis history and culture is held, Back to Batoche Days. The Mosaic Company sponsored the internationally recognized event where 10,000 people from all backgrounds came to celebrate the 50th Anniversary in July 2022.
On September 29, 2022, over 20,000 people gathered at Mosaic Stadium for a Truth and Reconciliation Day event, Miyo-Wîcîwitowin Day. Mosaic was a proud Eagle (presenting) sponsor and with our support, tickets were made available to all attendees at no charge. The event brought students, business leaders, residential school survivors, and the public together to learn and reflect on Truth and Reconciliation.
Other Initiatives include:
- Annual celebration and Acknowledgement of National Indigenous Peoples Day and National Indigenous History Month and National Day for Truth and Reconciliation Day.
- Education and training sessions including Indigenous Cultural Awareness Training.
- Global and local Employee Inclusion Networks (EIN) including Women, Generations, Diverse Abilities, Pride, Veterans, Race and Heritage with a local Indigenous Employee Inclusion Network.
Frequent positions that Mosaic hires for
- Skilled Trades
- Accounting /Finance
- Environmental Health & Safety
- Information Technology
- Supply Chain
- Human Resources
- Public Affairs
- Minimum 18 years of age
- Subject to successfully completing Mosaic’s pre-employment checks including criminal, drug and alcohol testing
- Eligible to work in Canada to travel to and from work.
Links to Website
- Mosaic in Canada
- Careers (myworkdayjobs.com)
- The Mosaic Company – Canada | Facebook
- Mosaic-Canada (@mosaicincanada) / Twitter
- The Mosaic Company – Canada (@mosaicincanada) • Instagram photos and videos
- Mosaic Community Investments (benevity.org)
To be eligible for opportunities with Mosaic
- Create a candidate profile with Tokata HR Solutions by visiting www.tokata.ca
- Visit our website for career opportunities with The Mosaic Company and other partner organizations we work with.
- Attend our career events to enhance your resume, interview, networking and leadership skills!
- Contact our team at email@example.com if you would like to book a FREE meet and greet session with one of our HR Consultants to help career plan for your future!