– Innovation Federal Credit Union joined our Indigenous HR Strategy in November 2022 –
They are a Signature Investor with Tokata HR Solutions. We are proud to work with Innovation Federal Credit Union to help build their Indigenous workforce!
Innovation Federal Credit Union (ICU) Company Overview:
Innovation Federal Credit Union is one of the largest credit unions in Saskatchewan with over 400 amazing employees and more than $3.8 billion in managed assets. Innovation serves 59,000+ outstanding members across 24 advice centre locations and offer in-person service in both Regina and Saskatoon.
Innovation Federal Credit Union’s Purpose is to simplify banking for Canadians. They have 3 core values that guide their team: Integrity, Respect, and Accountability.
Innovation Federal Credit Union has a bold ambition. In addition to being Canada’s next Federal Credit Union, Innovation will be the most digital, member-centric organization in our industry. They are on a journey to embrace the core tenants of the digital business model like ideation, the network effect, personalized segmentation, coopetition, and agile ways of working. And Innovation needs YOU to help them get there!
As a member-owned cooperative, Innovation Credit Union uses their profits to make life better for you, our communities, and our world.
Innovation Federal Credit Union is thrilled to be recognized as a Caring Company. Imagine Canada gives this designation to companies who lead by example in their community support efforts. Innovation aims to contribute between 2% to 4% of our pre-tax profits to activities that support our communities. Innovation Credit Union is the only Saskatchewan credit union to earn this designation!
“Thank you to Innovation Federal Credit Union for supporting Truth and Reconciliation events in Swift Current. We were able to bring in speakers of national and provincial statures due to the support we got from community partners like Innovation. We are grateful for the ongoing support.” Truth & Reconciliation Committee Swift Current
What’s In It for you (WIIFY):
- Competitive Salary
- Diverse and Inclusive Culture that continues to evolve
- Flexible work options
- Strong benefit package
- Superannuation matched contribution program
- Wellness Days to create appropriate work/life balance
- Paid Education opportunities to ensure our members have the most equipped staff helping them
- Employee recognition
- Short Term Incentive Payout
- A purpose driven organization that focuses on the values of Accountability, Integrity and Respect
- And lots more reasons to love where you work and what you do
How Innovation Federal Credit Union supports the Indigenous community:
Some Indigenous organizations or communities Innovation supports though their community investments are:
- Truth and Reconciliation Committee Swift Current
- Title sponsor of Big Brothers Big Sisters Indigenous Art Partnership
- FNUC food security donation
- SIIT Lunch and Learn Program
- Battlefords and Saskatoon Boys and Girls Club Innovation Grub Club and Saturday Program
- Battlefords District Food & Resource Centre
- Meadow Lake Outreach Ministries Door of Hope Soup Kitchen
- Meadow Lake Outreach Ministries Food Bank
- Souls Harbour Rescue Mission – Regina
- Edwards Indigenous Student Society
Current and past Indigenous initiatives and events Innovation Federal Credit Union participates in:
Innovation is committed to investing in Truth and Reconciliation in their company and in the communities they serve. Innovation Credit Union has and will continue to rely on consultations with Indigenous peoples and organizations to help them shape their journey. A few of the things Innovation has done to educate their employees and get involved with the Indigenous community are:
- The board and executive have partnered with a consultant to create the Innovation Indigenous Strategy
- Innovation is a proud partner with Tokata HR Solutions to increase their Indigenous workforce
- Canadian Centre for Diversity and Inclusion (CCDI) Partner since 2019
- Worked with Saskatchewan Indian Institute of Technologies for filling of positions
- Clarence Campeau has also been consulted on business development
- Several board, executives and People Division attended the Truth & Reconciliation conference in Saskatoon
- Indigenous employee on the Diversity & Inclusion Committee
- Manager Talent & Recruitment People Division is a member of the SIIT Battlefords Employment Steering committee
- A People Development Specialist took part in the Sakicawasihk PowWow
- Delivery of Diversity Workshop/Training Completed for all Leaders, Board and People Division which included Truth & Reconciliation
- Numerous employees have completed the Indigenous Studies course offered through the University of Alberta
- A number of People Division employees completed the Indigenous Awareness & Indigenous Relations through Indigenous Corporate Training
- In 2022, Innovation hosted a webinar for all employees and members to hear Phyllis (Jack) Webstad speak to how Orange Shirt Day originated
- All employees took the First Nation’s University course “4 Seasons of Reconciliation” in fall of 2022 with expectation to redo it every year
- Board and Executive Leaders spent two days in September 2022 advancing Innovation’s journey on Truth & Reconciliation. The 1st day was spent learning about Indigenous history, treaties, residential schools and all the hardships of the 20th . The 2nd day they were joined by a group from the Yorkton Tribal council which included residential school survivors and a member of the James Smith Cree Nation. The group shared their stories and led them through the Kairos Blanket Exercise.
Future plans/actives include:
- Innovation will hire an Indigenous person to lead their future relationship building and support Innovation’s Indigenous Initiatives
Ways to get involved/ Opportunities to take advantage of:
At Innovation, they love it when their employees get involved whether it’s within the credit union or within your own community. There are a number of ways you can get involved by joining one of Innovation’s committees or taking part of any number of activities they do throughout the year such as:
- Diversity and Inclusion Committee (D & I Committee)
- People Focus Committee (PFC)
- Innovation Young Leaders (IYL) program
- Employee Social Events Committee
- Staff Conference Committee
- Random Acts of Kindness (RAK)
- Wellness Opportunities
- iDress Down for Charity
Frequent positions that Innovation Federal Credit Union recruits for:
Innovation is always looking for AMBASSADORs for Innovation who are willing to promote from the inside and the outside; People who have a GROWTH MINDSET that emulates MODEL, COACH and CARE behavior in very activity and approach; Someone that loves finding SOLUTIONS and is at ease with using TECHNOLOGY; Someone who is looking for a CAREER rather than a ‘job’. Are you our next team member?
Some positions Innovation is continually looking to fill in their ADVICE CENTRES are:
Member Advisor (MA) – whether it’s helping ICU members face-to-face or through ICU’s digital advice center, a Member Advisor plays a critical role in our organization. These are the people that are most often the ones that set a first impression to their members!
Consumer Advisor (CA) – develops and maintains a loan and deposit portfolio and will develop long term relationships with members. This position will provide a challenging and rewarding career with opportunity to enhance your personal development and to be part of a progressive credit union.
Business Advisor (BA) – develops and maintains a Commercial/Agriculture loan and deposit portfolio and will develop long term relationship with members. This position will provide a challenging and rewarding career with opportunity to enhance your personal development.
Other Positions – ICU has many other positions and educational opportunities for all our positions within Innovation. Interested in a Leadership role? Let Innovation Credit Union help you career path to that. Perhaps spreadsheets, data and numbers are more your style. There is the Lending, Operations, Accounting and Finance departments for those career aspirations too. How about something in Marketing, Human Resources or Project Management? Do you like the ‘techy’ stuff? You guess it, ICU has careers fitting under those umbrellas as well. Take advantage of one-on-one coaching with a leader to discover where you can enjoy a long and rewarding career with Innovation Credit Union.
WHERE TO FIND Innovation Federal Credit Union: Click HERE
How can you get involved with Innovation Federal Credit Union?
– You can get involved with Innovation careers by working with the team at Tokata HR Solutions –
As we partner with Innovation Federal Credit Union, we are looking for great talent like YOU to recruit, train and coach for careers at Innovation Federal Credit Union.
To be eligible for opportunities with Innovation Federal Credit Union:
- Create a candidate profile with Tokata HR Solutions by visiting www.tokata.ca
- Visit our website for career opportunities with Innovation Federal Credit Union and other partner organizations we work with.
- Attend our career events to enhance your resume, interview, networking and leadership skills!
- Contact our team at email@example.com if you would like to book a FREE meet and greet session with one of our HR Consultants to help career plan for your future!