– Federated Co-operatives Limited (FCL) joined our Indigenous HR Strategy in June 2022 –
They are a Signature Investor with Tokata HR Solutions. We are proud to work with FCL to help build their Indigenous workforce!
Federated Co-operatives Limited (FCL) Company Overview:
Federated Co-operatives Limited (FCL) does business differently. At its core, FCL is a co-operative that supports other co-operatives that serve people in Western Canada. FCL’s values of integrity, excellence and responsibility drive the achievement of their vision, building sustainable communities together.
FCL is a wholesaling, manufacturing, marketing and administrative co-operative owned by more than 160 independent local co-operative associations. There are approximately 3,500 employees at FCL working onsite, remotely or in a hybrid environment.
About the Co-operative Retailing System
Working together, FCL and local retail Co-ops from across Western Canada form the Co-operative Retailing System (CRS) which helps build, feed and fuel individuals and communities.
The CRS is brought to life by the amazing people who come to work every day to serve their communities.
Local Co-ops own and operate agro centres, food stores, gas bars/convenience stores and home centres. The CRS, supported by over 23,000 employees, serve more than 600 communities and over 2 million members from Vancouver Island to northwestern Ontario and into the Arctic.
How FCL supports the Indigenous community:
Creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive work environment is key to the longevity and success of FCL’s:
Employee Experience promise – you’re at home here
Customer Experience North Star – making a difference in members’ lives.
FCL’s commitment led to the development and ongoing journey of the Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) Connect + Belong + Grow strategy as they strive to realize the D&I vision, which is a place where all team members bring their whole self to work.
FCL’s Indigenous Relations team has a focus on relationship building through:
- Developing and nurturing personal relationships with Indigenous communities, Indigenous led organizations and local co-ops.
- Supporting business to business connections.
Indigenous Engagement Strategy
This strategy serves as a roadmap to help the CRS achieve economic reconciliation for the benefit of us all. The vision is to meaningfully engage with Indigenous communities and organizations through mutually beneficial relationships that build sustainable communities for everyone.
Western Nations is a growing network of independent, locally owned Indigenous gas bars. Developed in consultation with Indigenous groups, Western Nations is modern and unique, relevant to all customers and respectful of Indigenous cultures.
This brand presents opportunities for business development and community investment in Indigenous communities. Through Western Nations, Co-op and Indigenous communities work together to develop mutually beneficial relationships built on shared values – which includes supporting strong, vibrant communities.
Current and past Indigenous initiatives and events FCL has participated in:
- Being an active member of the Prairie Rivers Reconciliation Committee since it was formed over four years ago. In 2021, FCL was the primary sponsor at the PRRC’s annual conference.
- Being an active member of Reconciliation Saskatoon sine 2018. FCL currently sits on its Business Engagement Action Group.
- Annual events in celebration of National Indigenous Peoples Day and National Indigenous History Month.
- Acknowledging National Day for Truth and Reconciliation as a day away for team members to engage in acts of Reconciliation.
- A one million dollar gift on behalf of Co-op to Wanuskewin Heritage Park to support cultural programming and growth.
- Education and training sessions such as Indigenous Awareness Training, team-based bias training, panel discussion to hear perspectives of Black, Indigenous, People of Colour, and the Two-Spirit, Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender and Queer communities.
- Commitment and signing of the Saskatchewan Chamber of Commerce Indigenous Engagement Charter and the Women Entrepreneurs of Saskatchewan Charter.
Frequent positions that FCL recruits for:
The Co-operative Retailing System is brought to life by the amazing people who come to work every day to serve their communities across Western Canada. FCL employees are friendly, humble, passionate, and proud. No matter what you want to achieve – Co-op is here for you!
FCL offers their team members a range of opportunities that enables them to have fulfilling and rewarding careers in the following areas:
- Business and Administrative Services
- Health, Safety, Environment and Sustainability
- Supply Chain and Manufacturing
- Business Strategy and Insights
- Finance and Human Resources
- Marketing and Communications
- Project and Program Management
- Innovation and Technology
- Retail Services
- Legal and Risk Management
- Sales and Business Development
- Engineering and Sciences
- Technical Services
- Senior Leadership
What an AMAZING variety of possible careers and career paths at FCL!
How can you get involved with FCL?
– You can get involved with FCL careers by working with the team at Tokata HR Solutions –
As we partner with FCL, we are looking for great talent like YOU to recruit, train and coach for careers at FCL.
To be eligible for opportunities with FCL:
- Create a candidate profile with Tokata HR Solutions by visiting www.tokata.ca
- Visit our website for career opportunities with FCL and other partner organizations we work with.
- Attend our career events to enhance your resume, interview, networking and leadership skills!
- Contact our team at email@example.com if you would like to book a FREE meet and greet session with one of our HR Consultants to help career plan for your future!