– Farm Credit Canada was the first investor to join our Indigenous HR Strategy in May 2022 –
They are a Signature Investor with Tokata HR Solutions. We are proud to work with FCC to help build their Indigenous workforce!
Farm Credit Canada (FCC) Company Overview:
FCC is a federal Crown corporation and the only lender 100% invested in Canadian agriculture and food. With 100 offices across the country (and headquarters in Regina), they have built a culture of teamwork, leadership and respect. They unlock the full potential of their people by creating an environment that is inclusive and equitable, where everyone feels a deep sense of belonging.
- learning programs
- and other business services to producers, agribusiness owners and agri-food entrepreneurs across the country.
FCC employees serve the industry that feeds the world. Diverse perspectives and experiences fuel their ability to serve an ever-changing ag and food industry.
They seek to have a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which they work and live. FCC has a culture by design that is built on partnership and respect, where every employee can be who they are.
FCC is one of Canada’s 50 Best Employers!
There, diverse people pull together to achieve challenging and rewarding goals.
Doesn’t that sound AMAZING!!
Keep reading …
How FCC supports the Indigenous community:
FCC is committed to the path of Truth and Reconciliation and has many programs both internally and externally to support the Indigenous community.
Many of their internal programs focus on deepening employees’ knowledge around Indigenous history, culture and traditions. The external programs they are involved with support Indigenous students, artists, businesses, and charities.
A few of the programs they are proud to share the positive impacts of include:
- FCC Indigenous Student Empowerment Fund
- All-employee Indigenous Awareness Learning
- FCC Indigenous Relations Team
- FCC is committed to completing its Progressive Aboriginal Relations (PAR) Certification
- Indigenous Artwork in 22 of the FCC Offices
- Student resume, interview and career workshops
- Financial support, contributions and sponsorship to the communities where we work and live
Current and past Indigenous initiatives and events FCC has participated in:
- Land Acknowledgements: FCC encourages employees to expand on the importance of land acknowledgments and its meaning in meeting and presentations.
- Treaty 4 and Métis Flag Raising Ceremony on June 20, 2022 with FCC leaders and Indigenous dignitaries.
- Indigenous peer panel participation on National Indigenous Peoples Day (June 21) to share perspectives on life and reconciliation.
- Equity, Diversity and Inclusion Committee (EDIN) participation to share best practices, learn about various topics together and collaborate on initiatives.
Frequent positions that FCC recruits for:
FCC hires people from a variety of disciplines including:
- computer programming
- systems architecture
- workforce planning
- organizational development
FCC needs a wide variety of professions (in English and French) to serve our customers, and not all of them are in agriculture or finance. With offices coast to coast, they hire for positions all across Canada. Their head-office is located in Regina.
The roles that FCC hires for include:
Information Technology (IT):
- Are you an innovator? Do you speak Java, ADO, SQL, VB.net or SAP/ABAP? If so, IT may be the perfect fit for you.
- You could work in: Information Architecture, Software Development, Enterprise Security, Application & Desktop Support, Quality Assurance, Database Administration
- If you’re a creative thinker with excellent communication skills, Marketing could be next on your career path.
- You could work in: Communications, Brand Management, Customer Digital Experience, FCC AgExpert, Product Solutions, Marketing Intelligence, Community Investment, Translation Services
- Are you a relationship builder? Our Operations employees develop strong relationships with their customers, whether it be through on-farm visits or friendly conversations over the phone. If customer service is your calling, find your fit in Operations.
- You could work in: Relationship Management, Agribusiness & Agri-Food, Risk Management, Lending, Alliances, Credit Management
Human Resources (HR):
- Are you passionate about creating an amazing workplace? Our HR department is committed to hiring, developing and keeping the best employees.
- You could work in: Employee Learning & Development, Culture & Employee Experience, Compensation & Recruitment, HR Systems & Services
- Whether you’re a people person, a numbers person, or both, our careers in finance are challenging and rewarding.
- You could work in: Financial Services, Internal Audit, Financial Planning & Analysis, Corporate or Portfolio Accounting, Enterprise Reporting, Treasury Operations
- Are you a strategic thinker? Use your skills to safeguard FCC’s legal, ethical, social and financial integrity while promoting co-operative relationships with the federal government and the agriculture industry.
- You could work in: Legal Counsel, Corporate Planning & Reporting, Stakeholder Relations
How can you get involved with FCC?
– You can get involved with FCC careers by working with the team at Tokata HR Solutions –
As we partner with FCC, we are looking for great talent like YOU to recruit, train and coach for careers at FCC.
To be eligible for opportunities with FCC:
- Create a candidate profile with Tokata HR Solutions by visiting www.tokata.ca
- Visit our website for career opportunities with FCC and other partner organizations we work with.
- Attend our career events to enhance your resume, interview, networking and leadership skills!
- Contact our team at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to book a FREE meet and greet session with one of our HR Consultants to help career plan for your future!