About Wood Mountain First Nation
Wood Mountain First Nation is located 3 miles SouthWest of the village of Wood Mountain, Saskatchewan.
As the elected representatives of the Wood Mountain Lakota First Nation, we are the authorized government and the legal authority on the Wood Mountain Lakota First Nation reserve. We strive to demonstrate strong leadership for the benefit of our people in order to:
- Provide opportunities of employment and enhance opportunity for membership
- Promote, maintain and protect Aboriginal rights for our people
As a team we will continually make our decisions in the best interests of Lakota people for the future as against the past.
As a council we will focus on opportunity and the future rather than the problems.
Our Mission is to
- Provide good governance
- Commit to honouring our self-values, to model those values
- Provide opportunity, that will nurture and support a safe and healthy community that will build capacity for our people
- Build and instill pride in being Wood Mountain Lakota First Nation band member