Community Economic Development
SERVICES PROVIDED TO OUR COMMUNITIES
Business Development Support Services
- Provide support in business readiness and capacity building including the creation of economic development corporations, joint ventures, corporate governance models, and industry partnerships.
- Provide business development support services, including:
- Help to access funding opportunities, including support in developing funding proposals;
- Advice in securing professional services (e.g., lawyers, accountants, project managers);
- Advice in identifying strategic industry partnership opportunities.
Community Relationship Building
- Knowledge of community economic priorities and capacity.
- Promote the economic interests and priorities of FHQTC and Treaty 4 communities in the broader business community.
- Identify and advance strategies to share information with communities about collective priorities and interests.
- Primary liaison between FHQTC Chiefs’ Forums and the FHQ Developments Board of Directors.
Community Planning and Reporting
- Provide support to First Nation communities in developing community economic development plans or other economic plans such as land use plans.
- Provide support to First Nation communities in fulfilling their reporting obligations to AANDC under the Community Economic Development Program (i.e., annual CEDO Reporting).